The Parents' AssociationThe Parents' Association is a friendly and welcoming gathering of parents and guardians who have a daughter or daughters at Canterbury Girls' Secondary College.
This group meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7.30pm in the Conference Room. The Principal is also present at the monthly meetings.
All members of the college community are warmly invited to become active committee members or, if unable, to support The Parents' Association by becoming financial members ($50 per annum) as well as supporting fundraising activities. The Parents' Association's aim is to 'strengthen the college community' by providing support in a variety of ways:
- Welcoming new parents into the College
- Offering a forum for parents to raise and discuss issues of interest or concern.
- Promoting contact between parents in the form of social events.
- Organising working bees to ensure a safe, attractive College environment.
- Enriching the relationship between parents, staff and students by providing assistance at College events.
- Fundraising in order to purchase additional equipment for the College.
Each year, The Parents' Association raises in excess of $50,000 which helps support the many opportunities the College affords our daughters and which can only be offered by the extra funds raised by the College community.
The Parents' Association welcomes new members constantly. The unique nature of this group allows parents the freedom to attend whatever meetings they can and to put their hand up to help out when they can - every little bit helps!
If you would like to be part of The Parents' Association or you have any questions, please contact The Parents' Association President, by phoning the school.