Year 6 students
Enrolment for Year 7 is completed through the student's primary school when they are in Year 6. It cannot be completed earlier.
During the first half of Year 6, parents will be asked to nominate the secondary school your daughter wishes attend the following year (Year 7). Residential boundaries can affect whether your daughter can attend Canterbury Girls' Secondary College as the College has a designated zone approved by the Department of Education and Training (DET).
This means that priority for enrolment must be given to students who permanently live in the College zone. Once these students are enrolled, students from outside the zone can be offered positions.
Please note permanent residency in the zone includes: purchase of property in the zone or a long term lease (at least 12 months) and occupation of the property in the zone.
Enrolment offers are made according to the guidelines issued by DET. First priority is given to students who permanently live within the College zone. Further offers for enrolment to students living outside the zone (depending on vacancies) are decided in the following priority order:
- Students for whom the school is the designated neighborhood gorvernment school.
- Students with a sibling at the same permanent residence who are attending the school at the same time.
- All of the students in order of closeness of their permanent residence to school.
It is strongly recommended that parents who are interested in enrolling their daughter into Year 7 at Canterbury Girls' Secondary College attend a tour and the information evening.
All forms relating to enrolment into Year 7 will be made available to parents through the relevant primary school. Your child's Year 6 coordinator or Transition Coordinator can help you with any questions you might have about the process and they will also help you to get the appropriate paperwork for enrolling your child into secondary school.
For the Department of Education and Training's placement policy, see
Parents wishing to enrol their daughter into Years 8-12 are to download an Application for Enrolment form and forward the completed application to the College. Please also attach the following details:
- Three forms of evidence related to residence (e.g. rental agreement and bond authority notice, sale of contract. services bills, etc.)
- A copy of Naplan Results (most recent – Year 7 to 9)
- Your daughter's most recent report (e.g. 2018 semester 2)
- Copy of a birth certificate, passport or Visa
- Name and number of the previous year level coordinator